Saturday, December 13, 2008

SNL: Guest Hose - Hugh Laurie

I feel like Hugh Laurie and I go way back. A fan since the mid-80's when he was well known in Britain as the second half of "A Bit Of Fry and Laurie", I've followed Hugh through stages of his career from television to film. He has made a mark in the USA for his portrayal of House in the series of the same name. Laurie has the sketch comedy chops, and his stint as guest host of SNL last year proved that he will join the special club of actor/comedians who work the live skit genre with great skill. Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlack, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, to name a few, are part of that group. Laurie takes his place in the lineup of repeat hosts in tonight's second guesting job by Laurie. (I wish Stephen Fry was somewhere in the wings ready to join him, but I guess that's a Christmas wish I won't get this year.) Musical guest is Kanye West.

No comments: