Tuesday, February 10, 2009

John Krasinski to Star in Universal Comedy

This should be The Office/John Krasinski fan site, because the only thing that seems to interest me these days is the show and this guy. I like him, what can I say? He makes me smile. Give me Paul Rudd, Jon Hamm and Krasinski and call it a day. Then give me Jason O'Mara of Life on Mars and call it a night.

Universal Studios has just signed on John to co-star alongside Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin in an untitled comedy written and directed by Nancy Meyers (The Holiday, Parent Trap). It will be produced by the very scary, and very famous Scott Rudin. Production will start this spring. Meanwhile,
Away We Go, the Sam Mendes feature Krasinski filmed last summer with Maya Rudolph will be released sometime in June.

No word on any distributor or release date for his own directorial debut,
Brief Encounters with Hideous Men, which had a look-see screening at Sundance last month. I can't wait to lay eyes on that one. He plays a total bastard, which will be fun to see.

Source: Variety

No comments: