Friday, July 24, 2009

"How's My Hair?" And Conchords Take Another Flight

After all these years, it's unbelievable that the brilliant hilari-osity of It's Garry Shandling's Show has not yet been available on DVD - or VHS for that matter. Co-created by Shandling and Alan Zweibel, it ran on Showtime from 1986 to 1990. If ever there was a "ground breaking" show, it's this one. It was a meta look into the world of Garry, with friends, famous and not, bounding into his life while he spoke to the audience about stuff. I know the pitchforks and torches handled by comedy geeks will arrive at my door for saying this, but I found this show much funnier than Shandling's second highly influential series on HBO The Larry Sanders Show. The DVD box set will include 16 disks fit with 72 episodes plus all the extras and goodies you could hope for. It will be released on October 20th. Favorite moment: Gilda Radner visits Garry.

I will be singing the theme song all day now.



The box set is available at Amazon for pre-order and is being offered for $119.99. I know we're in the middle of the second Great Depression, but I say it's worth it.


SubPop has announced that Flight of the Conchords will be releasing a second official US release on October 20th. (Their previous albums were UK/New Zealand releases.) I Told You I Was Freaky will include the songs created for the second season of their HBO comedy, which includes "Carol Brown" and "Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor".

Now, I don't want to be wishing the summer away, and I shutter at the thought of Fall closing in on my pedicured, flip flop wearing feet, but October sounds like it's going to be one cool month to look forward to and October 20th will be one awesome day. I almost can't wait.

No comments: